Nominate a workplace competition process
a. There are various prizes that will be offered to win
b. The competition is being advertised on the Big Day Off website, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, email and via other media outlets
c. People enter the competition by nominating a workplace for the Big Day Off between 1 January – 30 June 2018 on the Big Day Off website https://bigdayoff.org
d. People are encouraged to share the competition on social media using the hashtag #Nominateaworkplace
e. The winners are drawn at various points between 1 January – 30 June 2018 , they will be notified via telephone and/or email.
Terms and conditions
1. The Nominate a workplace competitions are conducted by The Big Day Off Limited in its capacity as Trustee of the Big Day Off Trust (ABN 58 229 369178, CFN 23699) of 10 Maloney Drive, Wondonga VIC 3690 (BDO) and Spinal Cord Injuries Australia, 1 Jennifer Street, Little Bay, New South Wales, 2036, ABN: 93 001 263 734, CFN: 12817 (SCIA).
2. Information on how to enter form part of these terms and conditions. Participation in the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. The competitions commence at 12.01am (AEST) on 1 January 2018 and concludes 30 June 2018 at 11.59PM (AEST).
4. Entry in the competition is free and limited to residents of Australia (excluding the ACT) who nominate a workplace for the Big Day Off (BDO) using the online nomination form located on the Big Day Off website https://bigdayoff.org, completing the form in full, between 12.01am (AEST) on 1 January 2018 and conclude 30 June 2018 at 11.59PM (AEST).
5. All entries become the property of the BDO and the BDO reserves the right not to return any entries in the competition to the entrants.
6. The winning entries will be drawn at the offices of SCIA, Suite 302, Level 3, 100 William Street, Woolloomooloo, NSW on 2 July 2018 at 10am AEST.
7. The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. By entering this contest, you agree to a complete release of Facebook, Instagram and Twitter from any or all liability in connection with this contest.
8. The winner of the Nominate a workplace competition will be selected by SCIA’s Head of Marketing and Fundraising and the winner will be the first eligible entrant (refer to point number 15) whose name is drawn. Winning entries will be drawn from all valid entries received by BDO by the closing time and date.
9. Various prizes are being offered over the time period to win. BDO reserves the right to substitute advertised prizes for another prize of equal value or greater value in the event that the advertised prize is not available. Any change in the value of the prize between commencement and conclusion of the competition is not the responsibility of BDO. The prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash.
10. The winners of the prizes will be contacted by telephone and in writing via email. The name of all the winners of the competition will be published on the BDO website and Facebook page by 2 July 2018.
11. In the event any winner is under the age of 18 years, the prize may be awarded to the winner’s legal guardian.
12. The prize winners will have three months from the date of the draw to claim the prize. In the event the prize is unclaimed within three months, a redraw will take place on 4 October 2017 at 10 am AEST at SCIA, Suite 302, Level 3, 100 William Street, Woolloomooloo. The winner/s will be selected by SCIA’s Head of Marketing and Fundraising and the winner/s will be the first eligible entrant (refer to point number 15) whose name is drawn. That winner/s will be contacted by telephone and in writing via email and have three months to collect the prize.
13. Your Personal Information as defined by the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 No 133 (NSW) may be collected, used and disclosed by BDO for marketing and competition purposes and incidental and associated functions and activities and in publications made available to the public through-out the world by use of online, print and other media services and communication tools.
14. By entering the competition you (and if you are under 18 years of age, your parent or guardian) consent to BDO using and disclosing any part of your personal information provided as set out above including without limitation the following:
a. Use in any communications, publications, marketing or promotional activities associated with Nominate a workplace competition or other organisational purposes;
b. Transfer of your personal information outside of Australia, and
c. In the event of winning, use and disclosure of your name and photograph(s) for publicity, marketing, promotional and publication purposes, including throughout the world whether in online, print or other media services and communication tools.
15. BDO and its employees will not be liable for any claim, loss, damage, injury, cost and expense suffered, sustained or incurred (including but not limited to indirect or inconsequential) as a result of, arising out of, or in any way connected with the competition and you agree to indemnify and release BDO or its employees from all such claims made or sustained as a result of entering this competition.
16. BDO reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition including extending closing time of the competition or varying the time of the draw, subject to any requirements of the regulatory authority.
17. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned because of infection by tampering, unauthorised intervention or any other causes beyond the control BDO which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, BDO reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition subject to any written directions under applicable legislation. BDO also reserves the right to disqualify any individual who BDO has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Competition.
18. Staff or volunteers employed by BDO, SCIA and SpinalCure (SC) as on the day of the draw are not eligible to enter this competition.
19. In Australia the competition is authorised in each state (except the ACT) as follows:
a. NSW – a permit is not required for a gratuitous lottery, as categorised by the NSW Office of Liquor, Gaming and Racing.
b. QLD – a permit not required for a category 4 promotional game (trade promotions) under the Charitable and Non-Profit Gaming Act 1999.
c. VIC – a permit not required for a trade promotion lottery as categorised by the Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation.
d. SA – a licence is not required from the Government of South Australia Consumer and Business Services as the prize does not exceed $5,000.
e. WA – a permit is automatically granted provided the competition is conducted in accordance with conditions set out by the Government of Western Australia Department of Racing, Gaming and Liquor.
f. NT – a permit is not required for a minor trade lottery, as categorised by the Northern Territory Government Department of Business.
g. TAS – a permit is not required for a trade lottery, as categorised by the Tasmanian Government Department of Treasury and Finance.